Nissan Leaf / e-NV200 range extender and regenerative force improvement – LEAF Box
Price 299 eur Inc.Vat 24%
Install to car +100 eur Inc.Vat 24%
Leaf Box is a range extender controlling load applied to engine via throttle control. No problems with warranty - undetectable by dealer. It is easy to install, as it uses factory plugs. It delivers following extensions to standard Nissan Leaf:
- Range extender – it bases on adding „N-mode on demand” (aka glide mode) to D-mode, along with alternative torque delivery strategy (read below). Range extension is around 10% (ECO mode, 24kWh/30kWh battery). With normal mode, Leaf Box is off
- Mimic of some functions of "e-pedal" from new Nissan Leaf 2018 is possible.
- The regenerative force at D mode can be increased by about 20% (from 20kW to 24kW). If you have the version of Nissan Leaf with B mode - lucky you. But I can have B-mode even in the basic version of Leaf.
- Max power of Leaf can be increased from 80kW to 83kW (option)
- Works also for e-NV20
Alternative accelerator pedal interpretation for efficiency
1. Acceleration of the car is not stable at all. The car first speeds up better, then falls down with acceleration – as acceleration simply depends on torque, and because car has almost constant power for any rpm and any desired acc pedal position – it is logical that torque MUST go down (see graph – thin lines in the big graph – torque of car (=acceleration) for various acc pedal positions (verified with dyno).
2. Some parts of our acceleration are not crossing optimal motor efficiency (red and orange areas). In some areas it is impossible, but of course, everything can be optimized
I have prepared an alternative power demand curve (presented as the bold line in the small graph vs. thin line with same colour – factory) that promotes two things: more constant acceleration and more efficiency.
Leaf Box – FAQ
1. What modelyears and versions of Nissan Leaf is Leaf Box compatible?
All. It does not matter if it is first (up to 2012) or second gen (2013+) of Nissan Leaf / e-NV200, both battery sizes (24kWh and 30 kWh).
2. Can it be detected by the dealer/car manufacturer?
No. There is no risk for warranty as it is undetectable.
3. Is that difficult to install Leaf Box?
No. You can do that within few minutes, without any car modification. Box uses factory plugs.
4. Is there any risk for battery?
No. Battery works with same maximum current as designed by factory. In fact, smoother power control and low speed reduced energy drain in ECO mode helps battery to be more durable (and thus - increases range). Using Leaf Box is good for battery life.
5. Is the range increased?
Yes. You will observe up to 10% better range in ECO mode. This is caused by more sophisticated and precise electric power applying, and gliding (N-mode on demand) functionality + slightly increased regen in D-mode. Battery is not drained to lower level, than factory designed.
6. Is that legal to use Leaf Box?
As there are no car permanent modifications, modifications of power, emissions, safety – there are no reasons for such solutions to be illegal (like for car alarms or other additional equipment)
7. Can I return Leaf Box?
In additional to your Statutory Warranty (2 years) we offer a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with Leaf Box, please contact us within 14 days of taking delivery, and organise to return the product and receive a refund. Product must be undamaged.
8. I have another question concerning Leaf Box
Contact us via +358 20 728 8651 or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Do they have certification?
Yes, CE approval, E20 10R-03 2680